This course delivers Oracle ZFS leading technology to build advanced, professional and efficient storage that meets modern business needs and reduce the complexity and risk.
By using ZFS which becomes an open source technology now, you can build your own professional storage, which has almost the same features found in any commercial hardware storage.
In order to get benefit from this course, you should have some background about Linux administration since this course is completely built on open source Linux.
By the end of this course you will have a strong knowledge about ZFS and how you can build and administrate your professional storage box.
What are the requirements?
- Little experience in Linux
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Centos 7 DVD
What am I going to get from this course?
- Introduction and overview
- Explaining advanced RAID configuration
- Replacing ZFS Faulted Disks
- Expanding ZFS Storage capacity
- Migrating ZFS storage Pool
- Expanding ZFS filesystem/volume capacity
- Editing ZFS filesystem properties
- Explaining ZFS snapshot, cloning and promoting
- Explaining ZFS replication
What is the target audience?
- This course is for IT students to understand new technology and to help them for testing and simulating the storage types
- This course is for IT employee who need to build a professional storage with same features like a commercial storage to study ( cluster with shared storage , implementation of storage , understand new technologies )
- This course is suitable for any one has a some of experience in Linux and want to extend his knowledge with storage
|Section 1: Module 1|
Welcome to the course and how to get the most from it 🙂
|Section 2: Module 2|
|Section 3: Module 3|
|Section 4: Module 4|
|Section 5: Module 5|