About This Course
In this course we will talk about storage concepts and we will learn step by step how to build a free ISCSI Storage Area Network with openfiler.
By the end of this course you’ll have a good knowledge about Storage Area Network and you will be able to implement the ISCSI Storage Area Network in a lot of projects.
You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this course. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach.
Here is what you will learn by taking Storage Area Network with Openfiler Linux
- Introduction about storage technologies
- Storage Area Network Vs Network Attached Storage
- How to install Openfiler Linux system
- Discover features,menus and functions of each button in the management page
- How to configure storage devices
- How to create LUN and assign it to host
- ISCSI concept ( ISCSI-Target & Initiator )
- Basic concept of LVM
- Backup & Restore system configurations
- Demo from scratch to build ISCSI Storage Area Network
- How to add more protection layer by using RAID
watch to understand & apply excersies to learn
What are the requirements?
- laptop or PC with minimum 4GB RAM
- Virtual Box or VMware software.
- (linux or windows)virtual machine
- Openfiler CD
- watch to understand and apply the lab exercise to learn
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of the course, you will be able to build a free ISCSI SAN by openfiler
- In this course you will have a good introduction about storage, storage devices , storage technologies
- you will understand alot of concepts about storage
- you will learn how to install openfiler system , managing the storage and backup/restore the configurations
- Build Linux based storage can be accessed by different clients like windows , vmware esxi , linux ( redhat , ubuntu )
What is the target audience?
- IT students who want to understand storage technology and want to implement small storage box to expand his knowlage by simulating the storage types
- Linux or Windows System Administrator who want to build a test environment with SAN solution
- DataBase Administrator who wants to build RAC cluster which needs SAN storage
|Section 1: Course Overview & Introduction|
Welcome to the course and how to get the most from it 🙂
|Section 2: Installation|
|Section 3: Discover Openfiler System|
|Section 4: Storage Configuration|
|Section 5: Configure Storage LUNs|
|Section 6: Bouns|
|Section 7: Backup & Restore|
|Section 8: Conclusion|